Quality is of the utmost importance at every Walsworth facility, and we appreciate when that effort is recognized. It is an honor to have seven publications from our Walsworth – Ripon facility recognized at the Great Lakes Graphics Association’s Graphics Excellence Awards ceremony on Sept. 30.
The yearly GLGA competition recognizes companies in the Great Lakes area – Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin – for “superb craftmanship in the design, creation and production of top-quality printed material they produce for their customers.” Entries are judged on the technical expertise and quality of printing first, then on design features and the overall graphic appeal.
We’re proud to announce our big winners from the evening.
- Sophisticated Weddings: New York Edition won both Best of Category in Fashion/Health/Pop Culture magazines and Best of Division 5.
- The Digging Dog Nursery catalog won Best of Category for Product/Service Catalogs (1, 2 or 3 colors).
- The Niquea.D catalog won Best of Category in Product/Service Catalogs (cover: sheetfed, interior: web).
- The summer 2020 issue of Elite Traveler won Best of Category in Magazines (cover: sheetfed, interior: web).
- Briggs & Stratton’s 2021 North Star Program won Best of Category in Internal Communication Pieces.
- The Lionel 2021 Catalog won an Award of Excellence.
- One Step – Springfield Armory Winter 2020 won a Certificate of Merit.
The Best of Category award goes to the most outstanding entry in each category type. The entry must be flawless to win. Finalists for this award are given an Award of Excellence. The Best of Division award is presented to the best products of their respective divisions, which are based upon the size of the printing company. The Certificate of Merit denotes a product that deserves recognition for achieving a high quality in printing.