Location: St Joseph, Michigan
Careers – General Manager
Walsworth is seeking a General Manager for its St. Joseph, Michigan, manufacturing facility.
The General Manager directs the activities at the plant in a manner that maximizes productivity, meets customer requirements, minimizes costs and promotes a safe working environment.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the GM include:
- Review the development of plant wide budgets and follow up on variance from actual activity
- Prepare capital expenditure plan for facility and review equipment justifications
- Direct prepress manufacturing to meet customer and company expectations
- Establish quality target goals for prepress departments
- Participate with cross-functional task teams
- Ensure all safety and work rules and regulations are followed
- Monitor planning team activity
- Interact with customer service to determine customer requirements
- Communicate with departments throughout the corporation as needed
- Communicate with customers and sales representatives as needed
A bachelor’s degree, at least 10 years of experience as a manager or supervisor, and printing/manufacturing knowledge is required.
Walsworth, among the 30 largest printing companies in the U.S. and top three book printers, is a family-owned company that employs more than 1,250 people worldwide.
Walsworth is a family-owned company with 80 years of historical excellence and a healthy respect for hard work and work-life balance. Many of our employees stay for decades, with good reason. Help us extend our legacy!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a completed Walsworth employment application, your resume and salary requirements to Walsworth via one of the following methods: