Location: Marceline, Missouri
Careers – VP of Human Resources
Walsworth, a top-five book printer, a top-10 magazine printer and the only family-owned printer of yearbooks, is seeking a Vice President of Human Resources to continue Walsworth’s success in attracting and retaining talented and dedicated employees.
Walsworth has a workforce of approximately 1,000 employees and is headquartered in Marceline, Missouri.
The Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for directing all Human Resources functions in each of Walsworth’s multiple locations in accordance with company policies and practices, the ethical and social consciences of business, and the laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations.
The incumbent will be responsible for the strategic human resources planning to provide the organization with the best talent available and to position the organization as the employer of choice through policies, practices and trends within the industry.
This position is located in Marceline, Missouri and is under the direction of the COO.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 10 to 15 years of related experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) senior certification, or ability to obtain certification within 12 months
- Prior experience with employee and labor relations
- Prior experience with OSHA/Safety/Workers’ Compensation
- Prior experience with coaching and counseling employees
Additional Desired Competencies:
- Working knowledge of labor Laws
- Compensation and benefits design and administration
- Talent acquisition and employment process
- Creation and presentation of training and development programs
- History of leadership by example
Walsworth is a top-five book printer, a top-10 magazine printer and is the only family-owned printer of yearbooks. Started in 1937 by Don Walsworth, current leadership is under the second and third generations: Don O. Walsworth, CEO, and his son, Don Walsworth, president. The company operates from administrative offices and printing and binding facilities in Marceline, Missouri; a prepress facility in Brookfield, Missouri; a sales and marketing office in Overland Park, Kansas; and a printing facility in Saint Joseph, Michigan. Additionally, Walsworth owns the Donning Company Publishers, a specialty book publisher, and The Ovid Bell Press, a printer of journals and magazines located in Fulton, Missouri.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a completed Walsworth employment application, your resume and salary requirements to Walsworth via one of the following methods:
- Online: Submit application online
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 660-376-3082
- Postal mail: Walsworth HR Recruiting, 306 N Kansas Ave., Marceline, MO 64658
Walsworth is an equal opportunity/disability/veteran employer. Compensation commensurate with experience, full benefits, and relocation package.